Monday, May 4, 2009

... and then it hit me

I've been trekking for just over two weeks now, but I'm back in Namche and thus back online. Mind you the electricity in town has a tendency to shut off in the afternoon for indefinite periods of time. For the moment all is working.

Over the past couple weeks I've had many hours of reflection. Lots of time for mental drift.

So there I was trekking up to Labouche minding my step along the loose skree when 'it' hit me. My insides started barking like a rabid rottweiller. The churn was violent. It was at that moment that I realized I have two serious qualms with diarrhea:
i) I'm never certain how to spell it (diarrhea, diarrhoea...) and
ii) It never strikes just once.

On the trail, Immodium is its own food group.

2 comments:

  1. Not to mention a third qualm: diarrhoea leaves little room for modesty on a jammed Tokyo overpass, or a blog, for that matter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SCOTT'S HAIKU:

    NO I'M NOT GAY DUDE
    I'M REFLECTIVE, I CARE MAN
    THIS TOWN SMELLS LIKE SH1T

    5X7X5.... boo-yah.

    ReplyDelete